Hire the Gallery
From £425.00 per week
You can find availability and book the gallery using the calendar below. Begin by clicking in the Start Hire box and use the arrows to find available dates, which show as green, choose your preferred start date then click in the End Hire box to select the final date of your booking. All bookings run from Wednesday to Tuesday.
2023 is now fully booked. To be added to the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2024 is now fully booked. To be added to the waiting list, please email email@example.com.
- 5th February to 4th March 2025 – £440 per week
- 5th March to 4th November – £540 per week (excluding the Bank Holiday weeks)
- 5th November to 23rd December – £495 per week
- Bank holiday weeks are £590 per week
Summer 2025 is now fully booked. We have some limited availability in Spring and Autumn.
We will be shortly opening bookings for 2026. If you would like to reserve some dates or be notified when online bookings are open for 2026, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, from January 2024 onwards, the gallery will be let on a Wednesday to Tuesday rotation (previously Thursday to Wednesday). This change allows exhibitions to be open from Thursday, to take more advantage of the weekend, and was made following feedback from exhibitors._
Discounts and Payment Plans
We are committed to supporting local community events and may be able to offer a discount for hire. Please get in touch with details of your event to discuss.
To help with the cost of hire, we may also be able to spread the cost over several payments (full hire fee is due six months before the event), please get in touch to discuss.
Our exceptional facilities include:
- Well known, large gallery space in the heart of Old Town, Margate. A few minutes’ walk from Turner Contemporary Gallery and situated in the same building as a very popular museum
- Four large gallery spaces, each with their own look and feel – three with full natural light and one darkened, ideal for image projection
- Projector with media player, mounted to ceiling in Gallery 4
- Combination of bright white, clean walls, with some tile and brickwork
- Very reasonable hire rates and no sales commission charged for sales of your work
- Secure and private – keys are handed over and no other business can access the space, full security system installed
- Flexible hanging system for wall art and variety of excellent quality plinths for display of 3d work
- Two external poster display cases
- Tables and chairs
- Heating and Air Conditioning throughout the building
- Step ladders
- Locked storage area
- Deep commercial sink
- Locked bike storage
- Two WCs including disabled and baby changing table
- Full disabled access
Booking Agreement and Charges
Our aim is to make Pie Factory Margate a vibrant and exciting place to visit and do business. We do not normally extend a booking beyond three weeks to ensure there’s something new for people to see. We will consider any arts, craft and media related event – but surprise us! We are always looking for something different (provided it is legal).
The hire fee of the gallery includes:
- Use of the gallery and its facilities from 8am Wednesday morning until 5pm on the last Tuesday of the hire.
- Listing of your event with supplied information about the exhibition, supplied image/s and supplied artist/s background on Pie Factory Margate website.
- Submission of your supplied Press Release to local newspapers and Visitor Information Centre.
We have a simple agreement that sets out what we expect of each other and the rest is up to you. Payment can be made by card or bank transfer.
A £200 loss and damages deposit is payable electronically 7 days before occupation on the first day of hire. This will be returned to you within 7 days from the end of your hire, subject to any deductions for breakages or damages.
We provide a comprehensive hanging system – please use it as we will have to charge you for holes made in our walls as well as misuse of hanging wires and hooks.
Click on a photo below to view it full size.
For further information about booking the gallery, please call us on 01843 294 175 or email us at email@example.com